Lord of the Rings scarf

One of my favourite Christmas tradition is reading/watching the Lord of the Rings. It's just perfect comfort material and escapism for me to periodically dive into that incredibly crafted world. Luckily my husband is heavily into his fantasy stuff too, so it's something we can enjoy together. Heck, I even gifted him a set of Games Workshop miniatures of the Fellowship as a wedding present! You find his amazing paintwork on his blog here <3

knitting scarf pattern Lord of the Rings One ring to rule them all
So when I came across this knitting pattern for a scarf with the text of the One Ring on it, I knew I had to make one. Now my knitting is terrible, thanks to my left-handed grandmother teaching it "in reverse" to my right-handed mother, who in turn taught me, a lefty, to knit the right-handed way. And the knitting with two colours was something I really had to get used to!

knitting scarf pattern Lord of the Rings One ring to rule them all
It only took me four false starts, but I finally managed to make a decent looking scarf. The green one was my first attempt and was a gift for my husband. I actually had so much fun with it that I made another in blue for myself, which I made longer by including an image of the White Tree of Gondor on both ends. That pattern can be found here for free as well. The internet is a wonderful place sometimes.

knitting scarf pattern Lord of the Rings One ring to rule them all White Tree of Gondor
So in case you wish to make one of these for yourself, here are the patterns again:
 
Base pattern by: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/one-ring-scarf
Additional White tree of Gondor pattern: https://nl.pinterest.com/pin/242561129902194850/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miro the Ant (free pattern)

Domo (free pattern)

Witch with black cat