Tiger I tank

amigurumi toy German tank WWII Tiger

Many years ago, my husband had these slippers in the shape of Tiger I tanks (he's a big history buff). They were crocheted according to a pattern by the wonderfully named designer Miligurumis and they were adorable, but slightly lethal when walking up stairs. Especially the floppy gun was a menace (we lived in a house with a winding staircase at the time). 

They have long since worn out and recently he asked me if I could adapt the pattern into an amigurumi. The short answer is that I clearly couldn't, because although the pattern is very clear and not especially difficult, using a finer yarn and covering up the parts where the foot is supposed to go threw the whole pattern out of wack. So in the end, I only used Miligurumis' pattern for the wheels :D (Big Grin)  It is weirdly cute, though, as cute as a weapon of war can be anyway. And I'm sure, like the slippers it would make an excellent present for a modern history enthusiast.

 amigurumi toy German tank WWII Tiger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miro the Ant (free pattern)

Domo (free pattern)

Witch with black cat