Christmas mushrooms

My parents had one box of fancy glass-blown Christmas decorations that we put in our tree each year and for some reason, these included some mushroom-shaped baubles. Sure, the fly agaric has Christmassy colours with its red cap and white dots, but otherwise I always associated mushrooms and funghi with autumn, not winter. 

I just always assumed we were peculiar in this, until my favourite crocheting magazine ran these cute little mushroom amigurumi decorations. Apparently, fly agarics at Christmas time is a thing? If anyone knows why, please let me know!

crochet christmas mushroom

I think the original pattern suggested to stick on some white dots on the caps, but I think I prefer them plain for a slightly more sophisticated look. Not to suggest that my Christmas decorations are anything but a cobbled-together heap of cute and weird, but some appearances must be kept up :-)

crochet Christmas mushroom

These are made with a 2.00mm hook and my favourite amigurumi yarn, cotton SMC Catania in the colours red (300) and white (106) and a little bit of fiberfill. Merry Christmas <3


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miro the Ant (free pattern)

Domo (free pattern)

Witch with black cat