This simple Christmas wreath is a perfect way to use up left-over bits of yarn and may be made from a variety of different colours. The pattern is by Creative Crochet Workshop.
For this one, I used SMC Catania cotton in the colours green (412), white (106) and red (424).
This ant was the first amigurumi pattern I ever wrote, around 3 or 4 years ago. It is made of simple spheres sewn together to resemble an ant's body. Simple, but effective, if I may say so myself. Whether anyone is interested in crocheting ants is a completely different matter :-) The yarn used was some acrylic DK knitting yarn with a 3.00mm hook in dark brown for the body. The eyes and anteanne are made from SMC Catania cotton in white and black with a 2.5mm hook. Head and body (make two): With brown yarn, start a magic ring R1. 6sc in ring (6) R2. 2sc in every sc (12) R3. 2sc in every 2nd sc (18) R4. 2sc in every 3rd sc (24) R5. 2sc in every 4th sc (30) R6. 2sc in every 5th sc (36) 7.-11. 36sc (36) R12. sc2tog every 5th and 6th sc (30) R13. sc2tog every 4th and 5th sc (24) R14. sc2tog every 3rd and 4th sc (18) R15. sc2tog every 2nd and 3rd sc (12) R16. sc2tog every 1st and 2nd sc (6) End with a slip stitch in the 1st sc and fasten off. Leave plenty of yarn f...
This large amigurumi of Domo (the official mascot of Japan's NHK network) is the second pattern I ever attempted to design. He's basically a long cube with legs, so simple enough :-) I'm still debating whether I should give him a small crocheted guitar to play with. Domo is made of SMC Catania cotton yarn by Schachenmayer (2.5 mm. hook) in the 157 Marone colour. His eyes are 18mm safety eyes and his mouth is made of felt scraps. He's roughly 10 inches tall, so you can scale him up or down by choosing a different type of yarn. Because Domo is so cartoony, I would suggest something smooth like mercerised cotton for a non-fuzzy effect. Body: In brown, chain 46. Row 1: sc in every ch (45) Row 2-12: sc in every stitch, ch 1 and turn (45) From this point on, start crocheting in rounds. Round 13: sc in every stitch of row 12, sc 3 in the corner, sc 11 in the short sides of the first 12 rows, sc 3 in the corner, sc in every ch, sc 3 in the corner, sc 11 in ...
Diglett was my favourite Pokémon as a kid, although Ditto was a close second. It's the simplicity of its tubular body and the cute little eyes I think that makes this a perfect creature. These characteristics also make it a very good candidate for the amigurumi treatment. There are many adorable crocheted Diglett's on the internet, such as this incredible Ravelry pattern and this pattern by Yvonne of Originals Lab . What I specifically wanted to achieve for my rendition of this mole Pokémon was that it really looked as if it was coming out of the soil. I also like to avoid sewing and embroidering as much as possible, so the eyes are made of felt and the entire Diglett is knitted as one (apart from the nose). Diglett was made from SMC Catania cotton yarn with a 2.00mm hook in the colours dark brown (157), pink (114) and light brown (179). For the stuffing I would recommend putting some plastic beads in the bottom and filling the rest with fiberfill. The eyes in this one...
Comments
Post a Comment