Ramses the Mummy

crochet mummy Woolytoones

This may very well have been my first ever crochet project, taken from a book on monsters and creatures by Tessa van Riest-Ernst. At the time, I was not yet comfortable swapping yarns or adapting patterns and I remember going to loads of different shops to get the specific types of yarns she mentioned in her pattern. 

Looking back at it, I can spot all the mistakes I made. The stitches are too loose, some of the stuffing is visible and the seams where the various parts are sewn together are a bit sloppy. But I wouldn't change this little mummy for the world, because he's cute as he is and he shows me how much I've improved over the years as a crocheter. Also, he has firmly found his place in our living room hiding between my husband's classic horror DVD's. 
crochet mummy
Ramses is made with a 3.00mm hook and some cream-coloured Scheepjes Softfun (2426). The eyes are black 6mm safetey eyes. The body and head are stuffed with fiberfill and the legs and arms with a combination of plastic beads, cocktail sticks and pipe cleaners to make him look like he's slowly chasing you. 
crochet mummy Woolytoones


  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miro the Ant (free pattern)

Domo (free pattern)

Witch with black cat